Wednesday, 21 May 2008

What goes around...

My home town, you may have heard of it, is full of students for 8 months of the year. And tourists during the summer. And Americans all year round.

We always made fun of them. The students talk posh, banging on about "the college bop" and the "junior common room." The tourists jabber on in Italian or Japanese and wear matching nylon backpacks and don't know where they are going. The Americans TALK VERY LOUDLY ABOUT HOW EXPENSIVE ENGLAND IS AND, OHMYGOD, THE SERVICE IS SO TERRIBLE.

Get out of my way, fat american/stupid tourists/posh students, we would think.

Actually, I still think that. But then again... now I think about it... I am a bit of a student, visiting from overseas and a little bit American.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the americans block out the sun...wha?

What you don't like people who ride bikes and wear glasses?

I don't wear glasses!

Yes!