Tuesday, 22 July 2008

One day everything comes back to bite you... in the head

I used to make a little bit fun of people with "allergies." Not the big serious ones that'll kill you like bees or peanuts. But you know, some allergies seem so far fetched. How can one be allergic to summer? or pasta? or invisible mites?

My mama is super-duper-sensitive to sun. and bug bites. When I was about 12, her eye swelled up so big, she could hardly see. She could hardly wear over-sized sun glasses because of the tennis ball swelling on her eye. She's convinced you can still see the aftermath on her face (you can't).

This summer I turn thirty. This summer I have developed mysterious bumps and rashes. Ant bites well up to golf ball size. Ordinary scatches raise up like miniature mountain ranges. Rashes spread around my bra straps. Mosquito bites grow the size of half an egg. Bites on my arms look like displaced nipples.

Today I have a bite that covers my entire forehead. A flat circle, two and a half inches in diameter slap bang in the middle of my face.

Shell says its not too noticeable from a distance (it's flat). But it hurts like hell. I'm worried it may eat my brain.

I took another anti-histamine.

2 comments:

Rad said...

ooh i am so allergic to summer. and mid-late spring. certain detergents. all deoderants. ambitious people. fried foods (if not accompanied with black teas)

Anonymous said...

oo don't let it eat your head please. you have a nice head. xo.