Saturday, 20 June 2009

Dinner

I had dinner with my professor and his wife. It was wonderful. In part thanks to the helpful instructions sent by my mother before hand. Behold:

Wear something nice but make sure it's baggy around the tummy. No tight clothes because you wont be able to eat and that isn't good.

Make sure you have your napkin in your lap before you start eating. Sometimes in a posh restaurant the waiter will do this for you. But if that doesn't happen you must do it yourself.

And best table manners. Remember: no elbows. Remember: you don't stuff your mouth *before* you talk! You only talk with empty mouth.
(Translation by me.)

She is going to kick my ass for this post. (Sorry, ma!) But it was actually really helpful. I thought about the elbow rule all evening! I think I just made one mouth-full mistake!

No comments: