Yesterday, I went here with my Tante Margriet's best friend C. and her son M.
M. and C. lived on the same housing estate as my Oma where we often stayed when I was a kid. In our small town in the Netherlands.
I had not seen C. for 20 years. She knew my face because I look "exactly like Dory."
M. is one year older than me. I had not seen him for exactly 8 years, when I first moved to Minnesota, when we went with S. to the state fair.
(He also lived in Minnesota as a high school exchange student. He comes back several times a year. Bizarrely, he now he lives in England... This might sound normal. But for us, it's very unusual! Very few Europeans make it to MN.)
We spoke Dutch. They said they were impressed I still remembered it! I did need help from M. with the words "hipster" and "redneck."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment