I hate it when people use the term Miss. Why do we need a seperate prefix for married/non-married women, when there is no similar distinction for men. Aaaagh, it drives me absolutely bezerk.
And (haughty voice) besides, hello I'M A DOCTOR (... ok sure, a doctor of philosphy... but that's besides the point!)
I just composed a long email to the bahai national center to ask them to change this. and asking them to discontinue using this sexist terminology. and making the point that we believe in the equality of men and women. and and and...
And then I realised I could change it myself online.
Doh.
Monday, 12 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Miss is the worst! Just call me professah! Or at least Mzzzz. There is a weird harshness to Miss that makes me shudder. Mrs. is pretty bad too, though.
Also, I am confronted by the fact that I am aging, because now I am "ma'am".
I ask people to use the prefix "Streetwalker".
Post a Comment