Wednesday, 19 May 2010

klachtenland

Aggressive students accusing me of all sorts (bias, ´feminism, ´communism,´ failure to understand the 'culture of liberal arts'*) because they got (very generous) c grades.

My auntie says I work in a klachtenland (land of complaints).

(* from what I can tell ''culture of liberal arts'' = I pay, you give me an a)

5 comments:

Rad said...

Oh, JK, what a bummer. I am sorry to hear that. Communism? Come the freak on. Bah!
It's hard, right, when they're like this, to like them. But that's what we're supposed to do, right? I remember my undergrad advisor told me to do whatever it takes to never hate them, but damn, they make rough sometimes.

mlp said...

screw 'em.

Dorky Medievalist said...

My favourite recent complaint from a student who legitimately failed the course: "I can't believe that you won't give me, a paying student, a D."

ikke ikke said...

thanks friends. DM, that's the worst! my accusing student is complaining on the basis that "i have spent over 100 thousand dollars on my education."

Dorky Medievalist said...

Wow. You'd think that if a student had spent that much money on their education, they would have worked harder.