Thursday, 10 July 2008

Bath developments

My friend posted this cool story about her baby's development. I loved reading about Ki's achievements.

Of course I have no real comparison (insert sad face) but it did make me think of some changes I've noticed when I give I. a bath.

I. has always liked baths. He used to just enjoy our silly games and sing songs to himself. But recently he has started make up games for us! (mostly peekaboo and the closely related where is t-bone?). Last night, he made up an elaborate game known as catch t-bone in a cup and then yell GOTCHA T-BONE GOTCHA GOTCHA HA HA HA!

I used to tell him made up stories. When I wanted to wash his hair, I would say mike is washing his hair, shall we wash your hair like Mike? YES YES LIKE MIKE!

Last night, out of the blue, I. told ME some elaborate stories. I couldn't understand all of them (he was very tired). But I could definitely make out that they involved Mike having a bath and washing his hair not wanting to wear a diaper and going to bed. And some other stuff like Mike singing OLDMACDONALD

In the meantime, A. has decided that tropicalbath isn't exotic enough. Instead, he prefers tropicaltropicalbath. Or the all new Caribbeanbath. Which is similar to tropical bath except it involves two colour bath salt thingies and two types of shampoo. Oh, and raisins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to want to plant bombs at the last night of the proms...but now you'll find me with the baby in the bathroom with that big shell listening for the sound of the sea.

The baby and me.