Saturday, 4 October 2008

Jesus, don't cry

I went to Church. A wonderful, very well-attended memorial service for a dear-friend-of-a-dear-friend.

I have only once been to a Lutheran Church before. A few observations:

* I went with K, another Bahai. She noticed she was the only black person.

* The eulogies were beautiful.

* I liked the hymns. I didn't know the words, except the one about Amazing Grace.

* According to the pastor, children who aren't baptized won't be fairing so well in the next world. (I'm pretty sure I was the only person there not baptized.)

* It was a modern building right off the freeway. There was a beautiful white dove hanging from the ceiling.

* I don't understand how communion works.

* I'm so, so, so thankful my parents are healthy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are lucky to be healthy.
I don't realise it enough.

And none of your cousins has been baptised. It doesn't matter. We try to live as good as we can. That's what matters.

I know you do!
love
auntie

ikke ikke said...

lieve tante! yes, you are right. it was strange to be in a place where people said something different. heel veel liefs van je nichtje xxx