Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Great leaps

Before I moved to OR, I would usually spend each dinner time with Kj. & family. Can you picture my idillic life: Kj. slaving over hot stove while I get to swing giggling toddlers upside down and read her US magazine.

I wont point out the obvious (OMG I half expect a 6 year old to come by my house each night to get me for dinner please stop me before I start to tear up). INSTEAD I will tell you about how in the first time in, like, um, three years I am cooking my own dinner. Oh yes. After talking to Kj on the phone tonight (OMG-I-miss-you-so much-I-wish-I-was-home-tell-the-boys-I-love-them), I made this:



Honestly, its MUCH better than it looks * two spoons of pico de gallo * lots of red union * garlic * fresh basil * yellow pepper * bow ties * big prawns * black pepper * lime * you can have some but you have to come visit.*

And then, in lieu of a normal human conversation, holding a three year old on his head, giving a six year old a tropical bath, I composed this blog!

For much more competent cooking I recommend Lefty Cook.

Right. I'm off to take a walk!

6 comments:

esmyr said...

ziet er lekker uit en ik ben maar wat trots op je met het doorzetten. je bent bijna een echte pionier met al het zielige en verlatene! xx

Rad said...

I love it! I also love your grocery store (I've yet to find my bulk bin heaven. Sadly, NYC grocery offerings are far apart and not the best hours). I will gladly try your prawn goodness during a visit!
I got 30 lbs of vegetables lately, and I'm meaning to post more recipes soon! Love you, Dr. Jonnee!

mlp said...

niiiiiiiiiiiice! can we come tomorrow?

adimica the beautiful said...

Nummy, as Kian would say. Hug.

Generation Bob said...

i'm glad you didn't resort to a dinner with the television...

Rad said...

what do you mean by me coming to Oregon to give you occasional bugs, btw? Am quite confused.