So, I'm trying to explain "divide and rule" in the colonial era to my intro to international politics students. I use the Rwanda example because it involves ethnic groups my students have heard of.
What my loud, irritating, constantly interrupting student (who never does the reading) said: "Uh professor, you watched Hotel Rwanda last night, huh?"
What I wish I could have said: No, asshole. I have a f***ing phd. In African Politics. Now shuddup and pay attention.
After class he always says behind. Today he said "let's walk and talk professor." Proceeds to tell me the class is too easy and I need to "step it up."
Last week he accused me of being "biased against colonialism." Next week he'll be lucky if I don't kick his ass from here to colonial Africa.
p.s. if I sound crazy.... it's mostly because I had a bad day... and not much sleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
"biased against colonialism" - funniest comment ever. are you sure you don't have sacha baron-cohen disguised in a new character in your class? supa vibes out yo!
Say, "I'm glad that you feel that my class room environment is one in which you can freely share your opinions about my teaching methods. I will take your thoughts under consideration, but I must recommend that in the future, you interact with professor and other authority figures in a manner that is a bit less alienating. Particularly in the work force, where the number reason that employers give for firing their workers is their ability to get along with others"
on an unrelated note, this blog is too easy for me to read. could you step it up, please.
Bad experience this week here at work too. perhaps, international week of one twit's negative effects on many. may it be short-lived and please may we never be said twits intentionally nor unintentionally ourselves...
or
October has been a challenge for me as well but at least from a distance, your "bias against colonialism" guy is a lot funnier than my irritating people.
Post a Comment