Monday, 3 May 2010

Bad dates

I've been doing the internet dating thing. It sucks. But, you know, needs must and all that. I've learned a lot. Specifically I've learned what not to do and say.

* Don't say: "If we hit it off, you can come with me to pick out a motor cycle jacket."
* Don't bad mouth your ex wife (or any other woman)
* Don't say: "I'm surprised you've never been married since you're quite attractive."
* Don't decide to give someone a new nickname since you can't pronounce their name.
* Don't say: I would never go to Africa since there's a war there (?).

(p.s. I know this sounds very arrogant. I'm sure I do a lot of things wrong too. But I don't know how to write a short, funny blog about that.)

7 comments:

Rad said...

Oh, lady, sorry that you're in the thick of the unfortunate part. But hey, at least you're doing us all a favor on how NOT to act. The last one really blows my mind.
It's true, though, you are quite attractive.

NGS said...

Oh, that was funny. Just classic.

I'm sorry for your bad luck and all, but I'll take your bad date stories since I can't provide any of my own!

S- said...

But it kind of helps, you know....realizing what dismal prospects are out there makes me not feel bad about being single.

ikke ikke said...

honestly, it just makes me feel bad i didn't appreciate what i once had.

but i guess that's a good lesson to learn the very hard way (?@!*)

mlp said...

oh boy! you weren't kidding.

sorry dude you're on your own picking out motorcycle jackets.

Dorky Medievalist said...

You are braver far than I, though I suspect you would be awesome at picking out motorcycle jackets.

adimica the beautiful said...

Awesome funny. You know, Irina did this for a bit, too. And my aunt in Germany (and she's been with a guy she met that way for some time now, like over a year, I think). Gosh, the Africa one is so pissing off. Sorry, I don't normally use bad language in public :)